Welcome to our jobs page. We have a much prettier one here, but below is where you can apply to the positions that we have open. You can also subscribe (at the very bottom of this page) to get notified whenever we post a new job.
A job? Sounds kind of boring. What job?! You mean how I get to set my own schedule, work from home, get cool stuff done, and make a difference in people's lives? That job? Yeah, we love our jobs.
A Bit About Us
We teach people how to manage their money effectively, and sell software to help people implement what we teach. By "effectively", we mean that our users break the paycheck to paycheck cycle, get out of debt, and save a lot of money.
We have a web application, an iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch app, and an Android app.
We’re profitable, bootstrapped, and growing. YNAB started in 2004 and we haven’t taken any outside funding—we’re in it for the long haul.
- We all work from home (or wherever suits our fancy that day).
- We don't track time, but we get stuff done.
- We collaborate using the best tool for the job (Skype, Slack, Google Hangout, Basecamp, email, and occasionally even a real phone).
- We meet each other in person sometimes to work on big projects, or kick off a big project.
- We do a big team meetup once every year or so.
- We love when our customers are successful, turn around their financial situation (and then maybe tell a friend about us).
- Our number one growth driver is word of mouth.
- It's harder to say no to a feature than it is to build it.
- We follow our Four Rules for budgeting with the business as well. So we save up and pay for the things with cash. We've been saving for your position for a while now, so if the revenue spigot were to run off today, we could go for a good long while while we figured out how to turn it back on. The spigot hasn't turned off yet.
- We have a 401k and really great health insurance benefits for full-time team members.
- We usually take two weeks off for Christmas, and we don't work.
- We have a minimum vacation policy of 3 weeks in addition to Christmas. Vacations are healthy for you, and the business.
- We have an annual bonus.
- We are bootstrapped, seeded by $63 in AdWords spend back in 2004. We're very grateful AdWords was inexpensive back then.
- We give our team members birthday presents.
- Everyone at YNAB helps to make a huge, positive difference in people’s lives. Don't underestimate this one!